The Intrauterine Shunt (IUS) serves for the treatment of fetuses with obstructive urinary tract disorders.
Further indications are the treatment of hydronephrosis, bladder dysfunctions or fluid accumulations in the abdomen, hydrothorax, pleural effusion and large cystic pulmonary malformations.
Obstructive uropathies are amongst the most common types of foetal abnormalities found in prenatal diagnostic ultrasound scans. In contrast to previous pig-tail solutions, there is no risk of strangulation of the extremities. The flexibility of this fine nitinol wire mesh shunt guarantees maximum adaptation to the movement of the foetus.
The IUS is provided as a complete system including the shunt, a puncture cannula (18 G / 220 mm), an introducer and an ejector.
– Shunt includes a large opening to drain off fluids
– Body of the shunt consists of a fine nitinol wire mesh
– Thin and flexible silicone membrane seals wire mesh
– Self-deploying parasols fix the shunt
– X-ray markers on both ends
– Superelastic materials lead to maximum adaptation to the movement of the foetus
– No risk of strangulation of the extremities
– Small cannula (18G instead of 15G) minimises any rupture of the amniotic sac
– Highly visible cannula tip and shunt in ultrasound
– Especially sharp cannula tip due to ultra-grinding
Click here to find the product sheet