SnareCoil® Bone Marrow Biopsy Needles
The SnareCoil® Bone Marrow Biopsy Needle is a specimen capturing device that has been introduced to minimize the need for external manipulations of the needle and to help the user ensure recovery of adequate specimens. The SnareCoil® Bone Marrow Biopsy needle is a specimen capturing needle that incorporates a tiny internal snare mechanism that coils around the tip of the specimen after it has entered the needle and thereby captures it. This mechanism eliminates the need to significantly move the needle after it has been advanced into the bone marrow tissue to sever and recover the specimen. This advantage is relevant not only for the patient who may require a single bone marrow biopsy for diagnosis but especially for those patients with hema-tological malignancies such as leukemias or lymphomas who may require multiple procedures to evaluate the efficacy of their treatments. This innovative needle design incorporates a patented* SnareCoil®, located at the needle tip, that winds around and captures long, non-fragmented specimens. The coil grabs the tissue specimen, severs it, and retains it safely within the needle as it is withdrawn. This action, actuated by a lever in the instrument’s handle, eliminates the need to twist or manipulate the needle to obtain a specimen and simplifies the biopsy procedure.
– Comfortable full palm handle design allowing user to apply significant pressure when needed. Ergonomically designed to minimize hand and arm fatigue.
– Trocar Boring Point on needle cannula allows for easy penetration of the cortex.
– Marked Probe, allowing operator to see specimen retention.
– ISO Luer fitting in handle.
– “OPEN” and “CLOSED”.
– Cannula has “Quintuple Peaks” providing superior coring positions for determining status of the snare.
– Tip Probe Guide to help facilitate placement of probe for removing specimen.
– Sharps Protection with every needle. Enclosed NeedleVISE™ per each sharp. Securing each sharp after use and before disposal.
Article numbers and sizes
RBN-84: 8G x 4 inch (10 cm)
RBN-86: 8G x 6 inch (15 cm)
RBN-114S: 11G x 4 inch (10 cm)
RBN-116: 11G x 6 inch (15 cm)
RBN-132: 13G x 2 inch (5 cm)
RBN-133: 13G x 3 inch (8 cm)
Click here to find the product sheet