For proven protection from pneumothorax
The BioSentry™ tract sealant system is the first biopsy sealant system of its kind designed specifically to address the issues of biopsy-related pneumothorax. The BioSentry™ tract sealant system deploys a self-expanding hydrogel plug into the pleural space following a percutaneous lung biopsy – creating an airtight seal that closes the pleural puncture.
Remember to order
BioSentry™ System requires a 19G co-axial introducer needle.
The M•Biopsy™ 19G Co-axial Introducer Needle mates perfectly with the BioSentry™ System as well as our M•Biopsy™ Semi-Automatic Biopsy Instrument.
The M•Biopsy™ 19G Co-axial Introducer Needle is sold separately.
BioSentry™ is the first biopsy sealant system of its kind.
• Deploys a self-expanding hydrogel plug into the pleural space following a percutaneous lung biopsy – creating an airtight seal that closes the pleural puncture.
BioSentry™ has been proven to protect against biopsy related pneumothorax.
• 84% of BioSentry™ patients were pneumothorax-free in the protocol population
• >50% relative risk reduction in the incidence of pneumothorax versus standard of care
BioSentry™ has been proven to stop the pneumothorax cascade in its tracks.
• 67% relative risk reduction in chest tube placement
• 45% relative risk reduction in the need for additional radiographs
• 31% relative risk reduction in hospital admissions
Features: BioSentry™ Delivery Device
– Depth markings in 2 mm increments provide accurate and consistent placement based on CT-guided measurements*
– Depth adjustment wheel and locking mechanism ensure proper plug deployment
* Do not use this device if the skin to pleura distance of the biopsy path is less than 1 cm exceeds 7 cm
Features: BioSentry™ Co-Axial Adapter
– Plug is made from a synthetic fully resorbable polymer to facilitate absorption and minimize tissue trauma
– Adapter mates with our 19G co-axial introducer needle
(sold separately) to ensure proper fit and delivery of plug
– Only one plug is delivered per tract
768022019S: BioSentry™ Tract Sealant System
Click here to find the product sheet